Nawakwa Retreat Center in Biglerville, PA. (near Gettysburg)
A Weekend with Thomas Merton: A Light Shining in the Darkness
Retreat Director: Dr. Monica Weiss, SSJ
During the retreat we will take time to discover how:
Thomas Merton can inspire us to be light in the darkness;
The land gave Thomas Merton a sense of “home;”
Merton’s love of nature transformed his prayer;
Merton’s interest in Celtic spirituality can help us make time for solitude;
Peaceful, Spiritual, Community Building, and Fun!
- Children: are welcome (and free) – programs for children.
- Setting: a green retreat center – hiking trails, playgrounds and a labyrinth.
- Rooms: in one of two lodges, or you may camp.
- Meals: 3 included: Saturday lunch & dinner, Sunday lunch.
- Liturgy: Fr. Ray Chase will celebrate mass on Saturday afternoon.
- Cost: suggested $100/adult ($50 campers & Saturday-only attendees).
Partial scholarships available for St. Vincent’s parish members only.
Registration forms available on the table in the Gathering Space, or click here.