- January 26: ALIVE will make its 2nd visit to attend the Dignity Washington Mass in DC at 6:00pm at St. Margaret’s Episcopal Church. We will meet in the St. Vs parking lot at 4:00pm and carpool. Anyone interested in joining us please RSVP: ALIVE@stvchurch.org More info: http://www.dignitywashington.org/mass-on-sunday/mass/
- February 16: ALIVE Presents: Working with the Transgender Community. 11:00 am – 1:00 pm in the St. V’s rectory classroom. This workshop will provide definitions and information about the LGBT+ community with particular emphasis on the transgender community. Challenges that transgender individuals face as well as strategies to support members of the LGBT+ community will be discussed. RSVP: ALIVE@stvchurch.org
- March 25: Lenten Prayer Service hosted at St. V’s and sponsored by Catholic LGBT+ Ministries from several parishes. This service is open to all parishes.
- May 13: We will show a 48 minute video in the St. V’s rectory classroom with discussion afterwards: “How parishes can welcome LGBT+ Catholics” presented by Father James Martin at the Vatican’s World Meeting of families in Dublin, 2018. RSVP: ALIVE@stvchurch.org
Other Faith Community LGBT+ Events
- Saturday February 29: 41st Annual Social Ministry Convocation (SMC). More information to come regarding location and agenda.