The Outreach & Engagement Committee developed a plan for more efficient and effective internal parish communication last year by re-formatting the website with an active and ongoing calendar function. The new bulletin format includes a calendar as well and obtains its weekly information from the website master calendar. Therefore, events and meetings on the web master calendar automatically appear in the bulletin’s calendar (people only have one place to notify).
To make this work (keeping it current and comprehensive) we chose to have ‘website editors’ for our major parish committee areas and programs. All information on events and meetings should be submitted to these editors for website posting.
Submit notices in writing or via email and note:
- A ‘hook’ to grab attention (“Looking for x?” “Want to x?” “Be a part of x!”)
- What? Is it an event, program, service, advocacy, etc.?
- When? Give date and times.
- Where? If at St V, give room; if elsewhere give address and a contact for directions.
- Cost? Note this if any.
- How to get more information. Give name and contact information; include website if added.
Submit to one of these editors:
Liturgy and Worship Editor: Audrey Rogers – email@example.com
- Liturgy Committee Meetings
- Choir Practice
- Special Training for Eucharistic Ministers, Lectors, Liturgy Planners
- Seasonal Liturgical Services
Education and Enrichment Editor: Kathi Jeffra – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education and Enrichment Committee Meetings
- Pastoral Care Ministry Meetings
- Women in Ministry Meetings
- Married Couples Group Meetings
- Educational offerings, lectures, and book discussions
- Community Events (Seder, Annual Retreat, Craft Shows)
Social Action Editor: Peggy Meyer – email@example.com
- Social Action Committee Meetings
- Peace and Justice Subcommittee Meetings
- BRIDGE and Beyond the Boundaries Events
- Emergency Services
- Sts. James and John School
- San Juan de Limay (Coffee Sales)
- Friday evening Meals for the Hungry
Facilities Editor: Jerome Bird – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facilities Committee Meetings
- Volunteer Cleaning of Facility
- Art and Architecture Working Group
- Park Working Group
- St. Vincent de Paul Cemetery
Outreach & Engagement Editor: Joe Yingling – email@example.com
- ALL ASSIGNMENT SCHEDULES
- Lectors and Liturgy Planners
- Altar Dressers
- Liturgy of Word for Children
- Coffee and Doughnut Set-Up
- Cup Washers
- Park Cleaning
- Publications: Together Sharing Christ
- Parish Council Minutes and Reports
Children & Youth Editor: Anne Gibson – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faith, Fun, Fellowship
- Liturgy of the Word for Children
- Vacation Bible School