Lenten Schedule of Services and Events
More details about all events here.
- March 1, Ash Wednesday 12 PM, 7:30 PM – Mass and marking with ashes
- March 8, Voices of the Laity: Reflecting on Our Call, 7:30 PM – “Who Am I?” led by Audrey Rogers (Simple Lenten Supper begins at 6:30 PM)
- March 15, Voices of the Laity: Reflecting on Our Call, 7:30 PM – “Who Are We?” led by Colleen McCahill (Simple Lenten Supper begins at 6:30 PM)
- March, 18 Half-Day Retreat: Called to Be Light in the Darkness, 8 AM – 12 PM – Led by Gerry Fialkowski and Peggy Shouse More about the retreat
- March 22, Stations of the Cross, 7:30 PM – A meditation on Jesus’s fidelity, and his refusal to abandon his mission or use violence or rage to escape persecution (Simple Lenten Supper begins at 6:30 PM)
- March 29, Voices of the Laity: Reflecting on Our Call, 7:30 PM -“What Is God’s Work for Us?” led by Al Reichelt (Simple Lenten Supper begins at 6:30 PM)
- April 5, Reconciliation, 7:30 PM – Anne Maura English will give the reflection at this Penance Service at St. Ignatius Church (740 N. Calvert St., 21202) Private confession will available.
- April 9, Palm Sunday, 7:15 PM (Saturday Vigil), 9:30 and 11:45 AM – Mass and procession with palms
- April 12, Tenebrae, 7:30 PM – Readings and Psalms with diminishing light; a meditative service in the early Christian tradition, Tenebrae contemplates the betrayal, abandonment and death of Our Lord
- April 13, Holy Thursday – Jewish Seder, 6 PM; The Mass of the Last Supper, 8 PM
- April 14, Good Friday – Children’s Good Friday Service, 3 PM;The Passion of Our Lord according to John, 7:30 PM
- April 15, Holy Saturday, Easter Vigil, 9:30 PM and through the night – the Easter Vigil begins with the kindling of the new Easter Fire and singing the Exultet. While we wait and keep watch for the Resurrection, we tell the story of Salvation through the Hebrew Scriptures – readings and meditations presented by parishioners.
- April 16, Easter Sunday Mass, 8:30 AM – Epistle and Gospel Readings, Homily,Liturgy of the Water and Liturgy of the Eucharist. Easter breakfast for all follows the service. Second Mass of Easter, 11:45 AM